I've Moved!

Head on over to The Renaissance Housewife to reconnect.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Some Thoughts on McDonalds (notably cheeseburgers)

So I thought I'd poke around here a bit and write a piece that I've been wanting to write for several months now. It's about McDonalds.

What are your thoughts on McDonalds? Good, bad, ugly?

I mean, the guy who came up with McDonalds was clearly a genius. Cheap food that tastes good and you don't have to make it or clean up after. Don't tell me you can make a hamburger in your own kitchen for less than a dollar in less than 5 minutes.

Granted, hardly anything on the menu is truly healthy and opinions differ on whether it tastes 'good' or not, but to say McDonalds is evil is a stretch. There was a five-year period in my life when I did not eat ONE McDonalds hamburger (but McChickens and fries were totally okay... hypocrite much?). Then my sister convinced me to try a BK Double Stacker and I was once again a fan of fast food cheeseburgers.

That being said, in the last year I have learned some interesting things about Micky D's.

1) If you order an Egg McMuffin, request a "round egg", and they will give you a real egg instead of a reconstituted egg brick.

2) It is cheaper to order a McDouble than it is to order a double cheeseburger. The difference is paltry, if there is any difference at all.

3) It would be interesting to order 4 McDoubles and see if the amount of meat matched their $5 Quarter Pounder. The latter comes in a more expensive-looking box, but I think a superior sandwich could be made by stripping buns and condiments off three of the McDoubles and stacking the remaining meat and cheese into the first McDouble.




No comments:

Post a Comment