I've Moved!

Head on over to The Renaissance Housewife to reconnect.

Friday, November 1, 2013

Baking Powder Biscuits Recipe

Baking powder biscuits are great with sausage gravy or a last-minute addition to soups.

Baking Powder Biscuits Recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup lard or butter
2/3 - 3/4 cup milk

Instructions:

Mix first three ingredients. Cut in butter/lard, and then stir in milk. Drop on baking sheet, or use biscuit cutter to shape. Bake at 450 degrees for 13 minutes.



Cutting in the butter.
Butter cut in!
 

Using the biscuit cutter.
Happy biscuit-baking!

~Bethany

2 comments:

  1. ...also an excellent way to help "fill up" boys! Glad you brought this great recipe to light. I told a friend one time I would never make them for guests, because I think they have a reputation for being the "poor man's biscuit". I like to use more milk, then a ice cream scoop (for even portions) dropped on parchment paper. SO easy! I also read you could mix in a cup of shredded cheese....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'd never heard about the poor man thing. I think 'hungry man' would be a better description. Using an ice cream scoop is a great idea... and cheese is ALWAYS a great idea. :)

      Delete