I've Moved!

Head on over to The Renaissance Housewife to reconnect.

Friday, September 26, 2014

September Update

Whoa, where has the time gone? I feel like I just did an August update. Wait- maybe that was the last thing I did.

September has just flown by. The garden is pretty much finished, with some vegetable stragglers that missed the bus. And of course, I'm swimming in squash.

Apples and pears started coming in, so I've been working my little tail off making applesauce, dried apples, and canning pears. One morning I felt especially ambitious and made cider and donuts for breakfast- from scratch.

DIY Vitamix apple cider. Yum!


In addition to my own produce, I'm trying to keep an eye on fall foraging possibilities- mostly nuts and seeds. Hickory nuts, black walnuts, rose hips, curly dock, and the like. This year I want to try collecting lambsquarter seeds. They say it makes a good breakfast cereal.

It seems like our weekends have been packed full. Last weekend we took a trip with Hubs' family to Wisconsin, which included a ride on the S.S. Badger across Lake Michigan. That was an interesting experience! It was pretty funny to see people walking down the halls- that is, trying to walk down the halls- swaying from side to side, catching themselves on the left wall, then falling over into the right wall.

And because we were in Wisconsin, we had to get cheese curds. :)

The Best Parts of September:

1. I got to celebrate my BIRTHDAY! That is always a great thing. Yay for living one more year on this earth.

2. I finished up my meal planning book and it will officially launch on Amazon October 1st.

Whoop whoop! I mentioned last month that there will be some changes to this blog. In fact, I've decided to switch blogging platforms and re-brand my blog so I can be more focused. If you're wondering, yes I do still like cheese!

This will be my last post here on Bethany Likes Cheese. I will leave this site up for reference, but eventually I will be moving most of the content to my new website, The Renaissance Housewife.

I hope to focus my new content around the themes of industry and frugality in the home, writing on topics such as organization, productivity, education and finance. Obviously there will be a ton of articles on cooking, gardening, housekeeping and other things that housewives do, but with a Bethany-esque editorial/commentary twist that you will not find anywhere else on the web. Who knows, I might throw in a few Amish tips and tricks from my in-laws.

I look forward to more writing and getting to know my readers more. Please visit my new site, comment or otherwise get in touch with me. Let me know what you think and what you would like to see more of on the new blog.

And don't forget to check out my new book, Pizza Night; a Simple Meal Plan on Amazon when it comes out October 1st. Especially if you have problems forgetting to make dinner and eating peanut butter and saltines a lot.



If you forget, don't worry- I'll be promoting the pulp out of my new book for at least a few weeks. :)







1 comment:

  1. cool! I might need to buy the book. Joe ends up eating peanut butter on graham crackers (and dipped in milk) a lot for dinner.

    ReplyDelete