Kombucha tea is SO easy to make. The only special ingredient you need is a kombucha SCOBY (a "mushroom" of certain bacteria and yeasts).
Cost per recipe: $0.70
1 gallon water
4 bags green tea
4 bags black tea
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 kombucha SCOBY
|Ingredients (minus water)|
1. Boil water.
2. Add sugar, stirring til dissolved. Turn off heat.
3. Add tea bags and let steep at least 10 minutes.
4. Remove tea bags and let tea cool to room temperature.
5. Transfer to glass jar and add SCOBY. Cover.
6. Let ferment 7 days.
7. Remove SCOBY, strain any floaters.
8. Refrigerate and enjoy!
|Step 3- Steeping|
|Step 5- Adding the mushroom (uncovered)|
|Step 5 (covered)|
|Step 7- Straining|
|Don't forget to save your SCOBY in some tea for next time!|