This is one of my favorite dish-to-pass recipes because I almost always have the ingredients.
Cost per recipe: $1.56
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 c. sugar
2 TB flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 TB lemon juice
Additional sugar or powdered sugar for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix first three ingredients and pat into the bottom of the baking dish to form a crust.
3. Bake crust for 20 minutes. While waiting:
3. Beat the eggs.
4. Add remaining ingredients (except sugar for topping) to the eggs. Beat until frothy.
5. Pour egg mixture over crust and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
When they are finished baking, let the bars cool completely. Put them in the fridge if it will be a while before serving. Before cutting, dip the knife in very hot water and shake off the excess. Repeat this as necessary while making cuts.