I've Moved!

Head on over to The Renaissance Housewife to reconnect.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Rhubarb Crisp

This is one of my favorite seasonal recipes.

Rhubarb Crisp

Cost: $1.63 per recipe (Around here everyone and their neighbor has rhubarb, so I don't buy it.)

Ingredients:
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. flour
3/4 c. oatmeal (I use quick oats)
1/2 c. melted butter
1 tsp. cinnamon
***
4 c. sliced rhubarb
1 c. sugar
2 TB cornstarch
1 c. water
1 tsp. vanilla

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl. In a saucepan, heat last 5 ingredients til blended. Pour into baking dish. Top with oatmeal mixture. Bake for 45-55 minutes.

I love this recipe because it's fast and easy. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream, or dribble a little bit of cream on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment